Appliance Fire in Austin Texas clean up by SERVPRO
This Kitchen fire was caused by a fault at the dishwasher. The fire department removed the dishwasher before SERVPRO of Hyde Park / Central Austin arrived onsite. Cleaning and deodorization took 3 days, the re-build took another two days or so. The rebuild was provided by a third party contractor. This customer was very lucky the fire created more smoke soot and odor damage than charred and burnt materials. We typically start a job like this by doing some test cleaning to see what level of soot we are dealing with before we start. We will then clean everything within the determined scope area.